I’m OK & I’m not OK
Colossians 2:6-7 So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live in him, rooted and built up in him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness.
Romans 10:9-10 If you confess with your mouth “Jesus is the Lord” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved.
Receiving Christ Jesus as Lord
- Identification with him in his death and resurrection
- Proclamation of turning from sin and self
- Declaration of surrender and submission to Christ
- Identification with this new life and with the church as the body of Christ
Romans 8:1-2 Therefore there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus, because through Christ Jesus the law of the spirit of life set me free from the law of sin and death.
Application: I’m accepted by God just as I’m. God sees our righteousness in Christ. I’m justified for God. Am I OK? I’m ok and fully accepted by God just as I’m. We don’t deserve God’s praise but we are worthy of God’s praise.
Colossians 2:6 Continue to live in him
Application: Don’t stop living in him every single moment of your life. I’m OK because God accepts me. I’m not OK because God is in a process of changing me. I’m working to overcome sin.
How do we continue to live in him?
- By being deeply rooted in him (Christ), by reading his words, by praying, by giving, by going to church. It’s a building / growth process over time. Sanctification is a long process. Ask God to help daily.
- By being built up in him, strengthened in the faith.
- By overflowing with thankfulness. Grace is a free gift from God. Thank you God for what you’ve done and are doing in my life.
In summary, the Christian life is a balance of I’m OK, I’m not OK. Receiving Christ Jesus as Lord and continuing to live in him. It’s not rest, but exercise. This is not the end, but this is the road. Surrender yourself fully to Jesus Christ as savior and Lord.
Remember, we’ve nothing to prove, nothing to hide and nothing to lose. Amen.
Thanks for reading!